New Product Development Agronomist Position with BioLiNE Corp. in Ontario
BioLiNE is hiring a new Product Development Agronomist to join our team in Ontario.
The Product Development Agronomist will work closely with farmers, supporting and coordinating resources and efforts to establish trials on their farms. This activity includes the communication of protocols and collection of qualitative and quantitative data form the trials. The candidate would be involved directly in collecting samples, observations, and data. The ideal candidate enjoys the outdoors and working closely with farmers in their fields.
- Assist multiple sales personnel to identify potential growers for trials in their territories;
- Coordinate tasks and logistics for these field trials;
- Communicate protocols for these field trials;
- Follow-up, communicate and visit growers, and collect data, observations, and samples throughout the life cycle of the crop from establishment to harvest;
- Train and coordinate the work of research assistants that would be available to help in the execution of these field trial;
- Keep sales personnel and management team informed, and up to date on the progress of the trials; and
- Help analyze and communicate the data collected form the trials.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or equivalent;
- At least 3+ years of agriculture research and field trial experience;
- Excellent knowledge of crop production and farming practices;
- Ability to work extended hours during the peak planting and harvesting seasons;
- Ability to spend a significant amount of time on the road, traveling to growers, and in the field;
- Valid full drivers license (G Ontario) with a clean driving record;
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent organization, record-keeping and time-management skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize tasks;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written required; and
- Good computer literacy and excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite a must.